Official Clubhouse Opening 14th May 2005

 

Opening

 

There was a good turnout of Highland and Fulmar members for the official opening of the new clubhouse on the 14th of May 2005. For once the weather was kind to us and although the evening was slightly overcast it was warm with light winds, perfect barbecue weather! At 7pm chairman, Andy Anderson, started proceedings with a speech reminding everyone that clubhouse was 3 years in the making and that most of the work was done by members themselves. Andy went on to present Phil Penrose with a life membership award as he had not only masterminded the whole project but had done a lot of the work himself and completed the whole project within budget, a fantastic achievement indeed. Andy and Phil are pictured together below.

 

Andy & Phil

 

Andy then went on to introduce Denis Shepherd who has been an active member of Fulmar and then Highland continuously since 1963. In view of Denis's long association with both clubs it was thought only fitting that he should be the one to cut the tape and declare the clubhouse officially open.

The opening ceremony was followed by a barbecue and for once the fine weather allowed us to eat outside. No doubt the Scottish weather will give us plenty of opportunity to make good use of our new clubhouse facilities when we have other events in the future.

 

Denis Shepherd

Highland Gliding Club
Easterton Airfield
Birnie
Elgin
Scotland
United Kingdom
Tel - +44 (0) 1343 860272

Find us on Facebook